Walt Disney Animation Studios | 1937 - 2014
After seeing this post, I decided to make this. The “Experimental” era is usually referred to as Post-Renaissance. I imagine the Revival is going to continue through this decade. 2015 and beyond films listed are: (left to right) Zootopia, Giants, and Moana.
If you want to read more about each era and how they got their names, click here.
Before we get into the inevitable debate over the usefulness of the Oxford comma, let’s first figure out what it is.
The Oxford comma, also known as the serial comma, is the comma used just before the conjunction (usually “and” or “or”) that precedes the final item in a list of three or more items or people.
The controversy is over whether the Oxford comma is necessary. This blog supports it. Here are some other organizations that also defend its importance:
One reason why The YUNiversity supports the Oxford comma is that it removes confusion and ambiguity from sentences. For instance, there is this famous example that made its rounds on the Interwebs:
Using the Oxford comma, we have four people: JFK, Stalin, and two strippers.
Without the Oxford comma, we can have either four people or two people (JFK and Stalin, who are strippers). Both interpretations are valid.
A debate on whether the Oxford comma is even necessary persists because there are, to be fair, many instances in which the Oxford comma either creates (or doesn’t resolve) ambiguities. For examples of these cases, turn to Wikipedia.
Many newspapers (as seen above) do not support the Oxford comma because—as the theory goes—they have always been in the business of saving as many characters (including “non-essential” punctuations) as possible. After all, unlike websites, printed newspapers are limited in terms of printable space, so every letter, character, and space matters.
- In American English, the Oxford comma is standard in most non-journalistic writing. Therefore, you should use it in your essays for school.
- In British English, the Oxford comma is used much less frequently.
As you decide for yourself whether to endorse or shun the Oxford comma, heed this helpful advice:
That’s good advice. Right, Ezra?
THE NINE CHOIRS OF HEAVEN. An info-graphic for my editorial class and god am I thankful it’s done. Way too much went into this than what I had time for, but hey… I actually kind of like it?
Now excuse me, I must return to my fashion major lifestyle and go sew a coat u_u
EDIT: Re-uploaded with easier viewing!
During my ongoing search to find the most awful movies ever made, I stumbled and fell head first into these 9 films and it was true love at first watch. Unlike regular awful movies you follow for 5 minutes before turning off and feel like throwing out a window, these all descend into comedic genius for the entirely wrong reasons and are the epitome of the phrase “so bad it’s good”. I’ve included links and torrents because you all need to watch and experience these.
- The Room [watch here] [torrent/download here]
One of the most famous unintentional comedies, The Room stars it’s writer/producer/director Tommy Wiseau opposite a woman playing his fiance (“future wife”) and is porn acting without the porn. The title holds true as there is only approximately 5 sets of different rooms in the whole film, including some lovely stock footage of the Golden Gate Bridge which is used numerous times. Every scene opens and ends with people entering rooms and introducing themselves, then having to go without explanation and the entire film seems like an alien’s portrayal of how they assume humans interact with each other. It somehow managed to cost $6 million to make and it was worth every penny.
- Troll 2 [watch here] [torrent/download here]
The famous line “they’re eating her, and then they’re going to eat me, oh my gaaaaawd” (x) is not the only part of this film worth attention, as everything else is equally awful to the point of hilarity. It’s the answer to that age old question, “What would happen if a horror movie sequel was written by a man who can’t write, starred people who can’t act, got directed by a man who can’t direct, and given mainstream funding and attention?” and thus this film was made. Terrible acting from everyone complimented by the equally terrible cinematography and special effects make this movie perfect.
- Manos: The Hands of Fate [watch here/watch here]
One of Quentin Tarantino’s favourite films and it’s not hard to see why, this is the definition of a terribly brilliant movie. The entire film was shot with a hand-held camera that could only record 32 seconds of film at a time and without sound so all the lines were dubbed later by two men and one woman… let that give insight on how horrendous this film is. Originally intended to be a scary horror movie, this quickly and unintentionally slips into one of the best satires of the genre and becomes a great comedic parody, amplified only by it’s authentic vintage quality.
- Going Overboard [watch here]
One of my favourite things to do is watch old Adam Sandler comedies from the 90s that I used to love as a child only to question how did I ever find this shit funny? This however isn’t one of those films; this is just bad… really, really, really bad. I can’t even describe how bad this film is, you have to just watch it. The movie revolves around the life of a young man played by Sandler, whose character’s name is Schecky Moskowitz (ho-ho-ho, Jewish name humor at it’s finest!) and he works a boring job on a cruise ship hoping to become a great comedian in cruise ship comedy… that is literally it. It’s terrifically awful and a must-see comedy that is funny for all the wrong reasons.
- Plan 9 from Outer Space [watch here] [torrent/download here]
Directed by the king of terrible films, Ed Wood. A man known for his poor production value and awful set design and special effects, this film exemplifies it all so very well. Aliens, Zombies, and Vampires are all present in this Horror Sci-Fi and the humerus aspect of the film is made clear the moment it starts and you realize “what the fuck is this?”. Shotty props and even worse directing, a Zombie knocks over a cardboard grave and it’s just left in the final release. With dialogue so dumb it almost seems ad-libbed by drunk relatives at a family gathering trying to be funny and failing, this film is absolutely horribly fantastic.
- Sharktopus [watch here] [torrent/download here]
I don’t even know what to say about this; an experiment gone wrong creates a half octopus/shark hybrid which goes around killing people while it’s scientist creator tries to find a way to hunt and kill it. I have no idea how this squeaked by the Oscars without even a nomination.
- Battlefield Earth [watch here] [torrent/download here]
Just coming down from the success of Pulp Fiction and what does John Travolta decide to do? If you guessed star in one of the worst sci-fi films ever made then baby you are right! An alien race enslaves the humans and they have had enough and start to fight back. A mediocre storyline and plot made infinitely better but shoddy set design, special effects, and terrible acting. Truly horrendous, a definite must-see.
- Titanic: The Legend Goes On [watch here]
Absolutely no one dies, because who even has time to honour of all the real people that died in the Titanic when you could use the disaster to mention the whale hunting problems in the world? This film is just so perfect and the only animation to make the cut. A Disney rip off, complete with talking animals and everything, this film is narrated by a mouse, but seen through the eyes of two young lovers with their pet dogs and mice that talk to them and discuss the whaling contracts between the evil men aboard the ship. Also included are evil talking sharks with biceps and a giant octopus with the head and voice of a young child…. please watch this film.
- Birdemic [watch here] [torrent/download here]
So painfully done it almost seems like a joke, intended to be a romantic horror, it turns out to be one of the greatest comedy films ever. A bunch of eagles and vultures wreak havoc in a town and and start killing people, two people fight back all the while battling their sexual attraction for each other and survive the bird epidemic.
hello hello everyone so guess what yes yay this is part 2 of the life hacks post but this is the studying edition i know that you guys might have midterms and finals now and i hope this helps you with everything you need i wish you all the best and i hope you ace the shit out of this year if you have any questions about anything i’m always available i love you good luck -shakes xx
- how to take notes
- late essay? no problem
- how to write good
- how to write a good essay
- look like you’re typing an essay
- free microsoft word?
- word on the tip of your tongue?
- use big and interesting words
EASY & QUICK
- best learning website ever
- documentary films
- how to study?
- learn any subject
- how to do anything
- learn how stuff works
- brainstorm online
- look for your worksheets on here
SCIENCE & MATH
- coffee shop feeling while studying
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- download free books
- free textbooks
- college life hacks
- finals survival guide
- get more accurate information
Some playlists to listen to while you’re studying // doing your homework:
TIPS & TRICKS
- Studying in a blue room relaxes your mood and makes you more productive, which is great for finishing up assignments and homework.
- Spray an unfamiliar scent, and chew an unfamiliar flavour of gum while you’re having a study session.
- Before you start your exam, write down the things you think you might need while they’re still fresh in your head at the top of the page such as formulas and vocabulary words.
- 'Times New Roman' is the easiest and fastest font to read.
- When writing an essay, add the opposing point of view to make the read look at both sides.
- When you’re taking notes, pretend you’re writing them for some else, preferably someone you care about, and imagine them not knowing anything when it comes to the class you’re writing notes in.
- Using colours when writing your notes helps you remember faster, avoid using only one colour as it might dull out important information.
- Change your font from 12pt to 14pt when writing essays, it looks the same but increases the number of pages by 1-2.
- Cinnamon flavoured gum helps you stay awake, use it for your morning classes.
- Speaking something out loud helps your remember, so always read your notes aloud when you’re studying.
- Reading the first and last paragraphs and only running over the middle has the same outcome as reading all of it.
- Chocolate has the ability to improve your math skills.
- Always have an alternative email, you never know when it might come in handy.
- Cold showers over coffee anyway. It keeps you fresh the entire day, and also helps you stay focused and less tired throughout the day.
- Reward yourself with 15-20 minutes of free time with every 45 minutes of studying.
- If you’re pulling an all nighter, sleeping the 20 minutes before the sun comes up helps your body relax and you’ll be less tired.
- Replace the colour tube of your red pen with the blue one. No one steals a red pen, and no one wants it.
- Always say yes to extra credit, no matter what your grade is. It can make a huge different seeing as it has the ability to change one percent which can change an entire grade letter.
- ALWAYS DATE YOUR NOTES // ASSIGNMENTS.
- Writing something down is an equivalent of saying something 7 times.
- No matter how much time you have left, do it earlier. You’ll be glad you did.
- Be friends with your teachers, you never know what can happen during the school year.
- Have a study group, you’ll have friends to explain things to you and vide versa, also you can share notes and finish up homework without feeling like time is passing by slow.
And now an inspiring quote said by my biology teacher to one of my friends who wouldn’t stop looking at the clock, “The time will pass, but you might not pass this class.”
SAILOR MOON MASTERPOSTManga: Click here to read
Anime (Subbed): Sailor Moon (1-46): Click here to download ⋅ Sailor Moon R (47-89): Click here to download ⋅ Sailor Moon S (90-127): Click here to download ⋅ Sailor Moon SuperS (128-166): Click here to download ⋅ Sailor Stars (167-200): Click here to download
All of the episodes are subbed and available in the highest quality available. I’ve also provided links to the manga, the horrible dubbed version of the anime, and all three movies. Enjoy!
Essential Productivity Apps for any student:
- Caffeine- Prevents your screen from going into sleep mode. Great if you’re writing notes on an article and the screen keeps dimming, whilst you hope that if you stare long enough, the phrase “homologous ways to a view of hegemony” will start to make sense.
- Flux- If you find that you can’t sleep for ages after studying late at night, then this app is a total game changer. It basically turns the light on the screen red, because science people say that blue light keeps you awake and red light doesn’t. (*Full Disclosure* I’m not a scientist)
- Focusbar- The annoying voice of your mother nagging you to finish your homework…in app form. You can set the annoying level (I have it set on “wildly annoying”) and a bar will appear in the corner every few seconds to remind you that you’re supposed to be doing something else besides looking at cat photos.
- Microsoft Office- self explanatory, so I’ve linked to an article about life hacks for Microsoft Office instead. Because I’m just that awesome.
- Nag- Does your 5 minute study break keep turning into an hour on Youtube? Then you need Nag in your life. It’s basically an alarm/timer. But an extremely loud and annoying alarm/timer that’s very difficult to ignore. The bells genuinely sound more judgemental the longer you ignore it.
- Self Control- Also known as Cold Turkey for Microsoft users. If you absolutely cannot be trusted with an internet connection, then you need Self Control in your life. You add a list of websites to the “blacklist”and then set how long you want the app to work for, and for that duration of time you wont be able to access those website. Seriously, not even rebooting your computer or uninstalling the app will let you access the blacklist until your time is up. Tough love at its finest.
- Zotero- The new love of my life. Zotero allows you to manage all your citations and sources in one easy place. It’s an absolute life saver- no joke. There’s an in-word add in, so it will write your bibliography and citations for you in any format you want. There’s a chrome/firefox add in and a mobile app, so you don’t even have to type the citation into Zotero. Just press the button it does all the hard work for you. It even updates itself online, so you can still access your bibliography if your computer crashes. I <3 Zotero 5eva.
- Over 150 images
- I do not own any of the art; all credit to the respective owners.
- I made some of the images transparent.
- If anyone whose art is featured here wants it to be taken down, please send me an ask and I will be happy to oblige.
- These took a lot of time to collect, I would appreciate if you could reblog/like this post if you use any of the images below.
- You may need to resize them to suit your blog.
I am a proud Demisexual! And I always have a hard time explaining it to other people, let alone myself some times? But this makes it really easy ^^ please reblog and share this.
This is neat; I like it.
FINALLY AN EDUCATIONAL GRAPHIC THAT USES THE DEFINITION OF BISEXUAL THAT I ACTUALLY IDENTIFY WITH