The horror doesn’t stop here though. I have lots more masterposts:
masterpost of gothic/horror novels (yes I link you to a PDF version of the entire book!)
masterpost to make you feel better (when all the horror is too much)
The following aren’t masterposts, but they have an abundance of information
Baccano! Character Map V1 (Volumes 1-9)
I’ll take the chance to present this to ya’ll baccanos, because I am filled with regret and despair after the fact my program crashed my source file and I was locked into positions (AGONY).
My disclaimer (begging for forgiveness) is the the blurb within the image. That said though, if anyone can perhaps collab with me in the future to make this more organized and user-friendly, give me a holler. If you also find any errors, please (kindly) notify me. And also please note, I tried to be fairly objective in establishing this map, but I’m only human.
Please expect spoilers on this image.
Please find the full version here.
1. Become awesome at Excel. (x)
5. Start reading faster. (x)
6. Learn a language! (x)
7. Pickle your own vegetables. (x)
8. Improve your public speaking skills. (x)
9. Get a basic handle of statistics. (x)
10. Understand basic psychology. (x)
12. Learn to negotiate. (x)
13. Stop hating math. (x)
14. Start drawing! (x)
15. Make your own animated GIF. (x)
16. Appreciate jazz. (x)
18. Get better at using photoshop. (x)
20. Learn to knit. (x)
24. Tie your shoelaces more efficiently. (x)
Icon Count: 85 (there’s really only like 50 with different versions of the same icon orz)
Source for icons is Garakuta Innocence!
It’s my first time editing or taking screenshots for anything, and it’s really obvious too. I think I’ll make more icon dumps, though! It’s sort of fun…
Please like/reblog if you are going to use them!
More under the cut!
The Diary of Ellen is a book by Fummy based on his RPG Maker horror game The Witch’s House. It tells the story of Ellen prior to the game.
This is Chapter 4, “A Girl Who Was Loved.” There are five chapters in total. You can start from the beginning here.
I encourage you to buy the book for yourself. (Amazon) Supporting Fummy is always good, and there are some really nice illustrations by Oguchi, who did the cover.
52 Hinata Shoyou icons!
- 145x150 and 150x150 icons (?????? idk)
- like/reblog if use!
more under the cut!
tumblr, let’s be honest: your study habits are bringing us all down, because we are all rooting for you. I know studying can be tedious, but its the only way to dominating a subject. So here, let me share some tips I’ve gathered for safe healthy studying.
- Always study somewhere with enough light, and enough ventilation. Your brain needs oxygen to work properly, and lack of light will make you feel tired more easily.
- Don’t use food or tumblr as incentive. You can use tumblr as a short break, but please don’t use any social media site or, worse, food as an incentive to keep studying. It will make you develop an unconscious dependency to any of both.
- Never study hungry, and always have some fresh cold liquid to hydrate yourself. It is proven our attention and productivity is better when we are hydrated, try iced tea or water - no soft drinks or sodas, and drink a min. of two litres of water per day, try with three. If you are dehydrated you’ll get tired more quickly. You need calories for your brain to work, so eat something BUT, don’t eat to heavy meals or greasy/sugary food. Try something with fiber, try fruits, but don’t feast yourself because you need your blood on your brain, not in your tummy trying to make digestion.
- Take 20 min power naps once in a while. Unless you are really tired and then take a 90 min nap because that’s a full rem cycle. 20 minutes naps boost you because you rest, but never go into deep rem cycles so you don’t wake up drowsy. Take one every two hours, for example, or before changing from one subject to another (also, i’ve also read in studies that you assimilate what you’ve read better before sleeping).
- Over achieve within your limits. This means you dream big little bug, but know your limits well. Be honest with yourself: are you really tired or are you trying to procrastinate your way into this task? Your education is important, and leaving it behind because you are afraid to fail won’t take you anywhere: you can do this. Don’t try to fool yourself believing you’ll be able to learn that 500 pages book from one day to another. If you are a serious and avid procrastinator plan ahead. In fact, always plan ahead. Use your time well and read by bits, if you organise your studying methods you’ll have more time for yourself.
- Don’t overwork yourself. Most people’s attention span doesn’t go beyond twenty or thirsty minutes, so once in a short while stretch your neck a bit and take a deep breath.
- Don’t listen to music if it distracts you.
- Jog or walk around a bit. I know most of us aren’t so keen on exercise, but sometimes you get distracted too easily because you have too much unused physical energy, or have been sitting in the same position for too long. Stretch a bit! Find a favourite yoga position and do it! I do the salute to the sun, and it really does the trick. Think of it this way: when you wake up you stretch, if you are feeling a little bit drowsy but don’t need the sleeping, stretch! It’ll trick your mind.
- Avoid heat. Don’t freeze yourself, no need to face the westerosi winter here, but condensed heat makes you drowsy. Which brings me back to point one, and point 3 - cool water or liquid will keep you a bit more alert.
- TWENTY MINUTES OF STUDYING AND THEN THREE HOURS OF TUMBLR IS NOT A REWARD. IF ANYTHING IT’S A RETROGRESSION IN ALL THAT YOU ACHIEVED IN THOSE TWENTY MINUTES. YOU ARE A BADASS SCHOLAR VIKING PIRATE DRAGON PERSON AND STOP BRINING YOURSELF DOWN WITH NEGATIVE THOUGHTS LIKE “UGH I HAVE SO MUCH WORK TO DO YET”, REVERSE THAT SHITTY THOUGHT AND THINK “LOOK AT THAT IMPROVEMENT! I HAVE ALL THAT BIT LESS TO READ NOW, LOOK HOW FAR I’VE COME/HOW FAR I’M GETTING”. YOU CAN DO THIS, YOU ARE INVINCIBLE AND YOU CAN DESTROY ANYTHING.
- Highlight, take notes, make maps. Anything that helps you remember what you’ve been reading. If your study material is too long, try to make a recap or an abstract before moving on to the next chapter so you can apply what you’ve already been learning.
- BE HUMBLE. Admit to yourself you don’t have all the answers, and that you weren’t born knowing. Accepting vulnerability won’t make you weak, but strong, because then you only can improve. Even if you are taking the most seemingly useless lecture take it as precious. More overly, make yourself want to study, repeat yourself everyday you can learn more, and you can be better, and you are taking one step at a time, but you’ll get there. Always remember a wise man can learn more. And even if your professor is an asshole, you’ll be learning something: what do you have to do not to be an asshole.
Root for yourself, be your biggest fan, treat yourself like you treat your favourite character. Be a warrior.
Here are some scientific facts about blood loss for all you
psychopathswriters out there.
yeah, for writting..